In our previous blog article we discussed enduring Muslims and how it is important to have a higher power of persistence if we wan to practice the life like that of a true believer. Today, we will talk about the importance of endurance in Muslim couples. Nikah is a relation of togetherness which needs the contributions from both the husband and the wife for nurturing in the long run. This is why it becomes extremely necessary to observe endurance in marriage. If there is no endurance between a Muslim couple then it becomes very difficult to lead a happy and peaceful life.
How to practice endurance in Muslim Marriage?
- Take out time to understand each other. Get familiar with the idea that nobody is perfect. So you need to love your spouse with the flaws as well. When you see flaws, firstly you should try to convert them into good habits. If that is not possible, you must endure the person in the way she is.
- Be more open with each other so you feel comfortable to talk about anything and everything. By this we mean that the more you converse with each other, the more you understand your spouse’s heart and mind. This will elevate the love between the two.
- Endurance in a couple reflects the depth of love between the husband and the wife. Because only when you love a person deeply, then you are ready to put in more stamina and go through hardships just to live with the person peacefully.
- If you think that endurance comes only with accepting the bad habits and flaws of your spouse then it is wrong. Enduring also means how much efforts you are ready to put in to your relationship so as to make it stronger.
- An enduring Muslim couple will acts as the epitome of the perfect couple who, in spite of the hardships and fights, promise to stand with each other and for each other in times of need.
We will further cover the different habits that you can develop to practice endurance in your Nikah relations. This will be taken in our future articles. Stay tuned. In case you have any new ideas that we can talk about, feel free to contact us in the comments below.