It is the month of the Quran and Taraweeh, so you may never have considered putting any time and effort into your relationships, but I want you to make the intention to enhance your relationships as well.
A broken relationship consumes you emotionally, exhausting your energy, concentration, and time, as everyone knows. You will not have the correct attitude of compassion if you fight. You’ll be able to execute all of your acts of worship better once you’ve fixed your relationship.
We must reconcile our relationship with Allah before fully reconciling our relationship with others because our relationship with Him influences all of our other relationships.
We’ve all sinned, and our transgression has harmed our relationship with Allah. Perhaps you have been arrogant, harboured ill feelings toward someone, lied, neglected to conduct salah (prayer), and so on.
Why repair during Ramadan?
“God may still bring about affection between you, and you are [present foes] – God is all powerful, God is most forgiving and merciful” (60:7).
To put it another way, no matter how terrible things go, you should never rule out the prospect of reconciliation.
You’re fasting, praying, and reading the Quran, all of which help to cleanse your heart. You will be able to be more loving, forgiving, and compassionate to your spouse if you have a purified heart and a newfound intimacy with Allah.
How to reconcile relationships?
- Forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made in the past. Instead, concentrate on the huge prize of reconciliation and your standing with Allah.
- Let’s get rid of your resentments. There’s no need to carry an emotional mess around with you for the entire month of Ramadan.
- Smile. Smiling is a charity.
- Throughout the day, perform loving acts.
- Be a source of encouragement and listen to their challenges and goals.
- Use words, physical touch, and loving acts to express your affection.
- Be a calm, loving, and merciful person.
This Ramadan, connect each act of worship to enhancing your relationships by extrapolating the essential character and lesson for each act. In this way, you will not only reap the benefits of this glorious month, but you will also, Insha’Allah, restore your relationships.